Sen. Olympia Snowe’s long career in Congress is coming to an end. There is speculation she could end up K Street as a lobbyist. This scenario is unlikely; the more likely scenario is that her top staffers will make the move to K Street. 22 former staffers of Sen. Snowe have become lobbyists, including 13 currently registered as lobbyists.
Here are eight of Sen. Snowe’s top staffers most likely to be at the top of the prospect list of Washington lobbying firms. Two of her current staffers are former lobbyists and are most likely to spin back through the revolving door. The Senator’s telecom and technology aide, Matthew Hussey, who has been with the senator for the past 3 years and was named by Politico as one Tech’s Emerging Leaders, is another top candidate to make his way to K Street. Finally, Sen. Snowe’s, Chief of Staff John R. Richter, has been with the Senator for almost two decades will be a prized asset to any organization needing someone who understands how Congress works and has the relationships to make things happen.
Current Key Staffers of Sen. Olympia J. Snowe (R ME)
John R. Richter
Education: Bates College, Lewiston, ME, 1989, B.A.
Positions with Sen. Olympia J. Snowe (R-ME) (19 years)
- Chief of Staff (Sports) (2004-Present)
- Deputy Chief of Staff, Sports (2003-2003)
- Deputy Legislative Director (Housing, Indian Affairs, Congressional Reform) (2002-2002)
- Legislative Assistant (Housing, Indian Affairs, Congressional Reform) (1995-2001)
- Staff Assistant – 1993-1994
- Deputy Chief of Staff – Sen. Olympia J. Snowe (R-ME) (2011-Present)
- Registered Lobbyist – Cassidy & Associates, Inc. (2006-2007)
- Clients With Cassidy & Associates
- Rambus, Inc.
- North Shore – Long Island Jewish Health System
- Memorial Healthcare System
- Elliot Health System
- St. Alphonsus Regional Medical Center
- Trinity Health
- The Heartland Partnership
- Visiting Nurse Association of Manchester & Southern New Hampshire
- Legislative Aide – Sen. George V. Voinovich (2005-2005)
- Legislative Assistant (Homeland Defense, Labor, Port Security, Transportation) – Sen. Olympia J. Snowe (R-ME) (2010-Present)
- Minority Legislative Staff Assistant – Subcommittee on Railroads, Pipelines and Hazardous Materials (House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure) (2008-2010)
- Minority Legislative Staff Assistant – Subcommittee on Water Resources and Environment (House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure) (2009-2010)
- Minority Legislative Staff Assistant, Investigations – House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure (2008-2008)
- Minority Legislative Staff Assistant – Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings and Emergency Management (House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure) (2008-2008)
- Legislative Assistant (Commerce, Education, Space, Technology, Telecommunications) – Sen. Olympia J. Snowe (R-ME) (2009-Present)
- Legislative Assistant – Sen. Olympia J. Snowe (R-ME) (2006-Present)
- Legislative Assistant – Rob Simmons (R CT-2) (2002-2005)
- Staff Assistant – Rob Simmons (R CT-2) (2001-2001)
- Legislative Assistant (Agriculture) – Sen. Olympia J. Snowe (R-ME) (2010-Present)
- Staff Assistant – Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship (2005-2005)
- Legislative Assistant (Agriculture, Aquaculture, Domestic Trade, Energy, Environment, Native Americans, Natural Resources, Paper) – Sen. Olympia J. Snowe (R-ME) (2009-Present)
- Legislative Assistant (Defense, Merchant Marine, Veterans) – Sen. Olympia J. Snowe (R-ME) (2011-Present)
- Registered Lobbyist – Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP (2007-2010)
- Clients With Akin Gump
- Magna Services of America Inc.
- Hampton Roads Military and Federal Facilities Alliance
- Syracuse Research Corp.
- Srctec Inc.
- Cryolife, Inc.
- Lenovo Group LTD.
- Foothill/Eastern Transportation Corridor Agency
- Src, Inc.
- State University of New York
- Balfour Beatty Construction, Inc.
- Port of Long Beach
- Doyon, LTD.
- Fluor Corporation
- Kansas Bioscience Authority
- Progressive Expert Consulting, Inc.
- Shangri-LA Industries, LLC
- Bluwav Systems
- Honeywell International
- Tishman Speyer
- ISE Corp.
- Terrestar Networks Inc.
- Clark/Balfour Beatty J.V.
- Netapp, Inc
- Paperboy Ventures, LLC
- National Air Cargo
- Yolo County
- Vantus Technology Corporation
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Detica DFI (Formerly DFI Government Services)
- West Valley Partners
- Empire State Development Corporation
- Greater Topeka Chamber of Commerce
- Indian Head Defense Alliance
- DFI Government Services
- Southern Maryland Naval Alliance
- Cherokee Investment Partners
- Professional Staff Member – Committee on Armed Services (2003-2006)
- Press Secretary – Committee on Armed Services (2001-2002)
- Press Assistant – Committee on Armed Services (1999-2000)
- Press Assistant – Committee on National Security (1997-1998)
- Analyst – House Republican Conference (1995-1996)
Former Snowe Staffers Currently Lobbying
- Jane Caldewood (Airports Council International — North America)
- Catherine Finley (Capitol Counsel LLC; Thorn Run Partners)
- Thomas Geier (3M Company)
- Mark Hayes (Greenberg Traurig, LLP)
- Erick Heilman (American Forest & Paper Association)
- Samuel Horton (Strategic Marketing Innovations)
- Lindsey Ledwin (Peck, Madigan, Jones & Stewart, Inc.)
- Ronald Lefrancois (TD Bank, Na)
- Philip J Maggi (Idaho Technology, Inc.)
- Terry McNaughton (Fortune Brands, Inc. (F.K.A Beam Global Spirits & Wine, Inc.))
- Andrew Minkiewicz (Kelley Drye & Warren LLP)
- Thomas “T. J.” Petrizzo (Petrizzo Bond, Inc. (Petrizzo Strategic Group, Inc.))
- Dylan Williams (J Street)