Since releasing our GOP Report, K Street Lines Up for Romney, more lobbyists threw their support behind Romney. On March 13th, Romney released a list of agriculture advisors containing a current lobbyist, and on March 21st, OpenSecrets released a list of six new Romney campaign bundlers that are current lobbyists. Additionally, it has come to our attention that one current lobbyist and one former lobbyist have also been acting as advisors to the Romney campaign.
Update to the Number of Lobbyists Supporting the Romney Campaign
- Romney has 13 current and former lobbyists working as campaign advisors and staffers.
- Romney has 22 lobbyists acting as bundlers for his campaign.
Additional Lobbyists Advising the Romney Campaign
|What is First Street? What is a political intelligence platform? Explore First Street and find out by signing up for 2 weeks of free access.|
- John Herrmann is current lobbyist with Kelley Drye & Warren and represents Allgheny Technologies. John is currently a Trade Policy Advisor to the Romney campaign.
- William Kilberg is a former lobbyist with Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher where he represented: Ormet Corporation, National Job Corps Association and the Pacific Maritime Association. William is a Romney campaign advisor for Labor Policy.
New Lobbyists Advising the Romney Campaign
Randall Russell joins the Romney campaign as an agriculture advisor. Randall is a current lobbyist with the Russell Group. His current clients include:
- Altria Client Services Inc.
- California Rice Commission
- International Dairy Foods Association
- Monsanto Company
- Musket Corporation
- Pepsico, Inc
- Cargill, Inc.
- Hormel Foods Corporation
- JBS USA LLC ( formerly known as JBS Swift & Company)
- Kraft Foods Global, Inc.
- Land O’Lakes, Inc.
- Pfizer, Inc
- The Pew Charitable Trusts
- United Fresh Produce Association /Formerly United Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Assoc.
- National Pork Producers Council
- Wine Institute
- The Coalition For Plant and Life Sciences
Additionally, Tom Nassif with Western Growers is also listed as a Romney agriculture advisor. While Tom has not been listed as actively lobbying, the Western Growers did list him on their lobbying registration form in 2007 as someone who would likely be lobbying for the group.
New Lobbyists Bundling for the Romney Campaign
OpenSecrets released the new bundler numbers for Romney and this list included six new current lobbyist bundlers.
- Paul Mattera (Liberty Mutual Group)
- Michael McSherry (Mercury/Clark&Weinstock)
- Kent Burton (National Environmental Strategies)
- Dirk Van Dongen (National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors)
- Mark Warren Isakowitz (Fierce, Isakowitz & Blalock)
- Andrew R Wheeler (Faegre Bd Consulting (Formerly B & D Consulting))