A First Street e-mail alert tipped us off that two of the top staffers from the supercommittee recently went through the revolving door. Stephen Bailey and Sarah Kuehl Egge recently registered as lobbyists at premier Washington lobbying firms. Before moving over to K Street, both were senior democratic analysts to the Senate Committee on Budget before getting tapped to work on the supercommittee .
- Registered Lobbyist: Heather Podesta + Partners.
- Formerly: Senior Tax Counsel Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction
- First Client: Eli Lilly
- Issues Lobbied: Taxation – “Monitor tax policy affecting the pharmaceutical and biomedical industries.”
Sarah Kuehl Egge
- Registered Lobbyist: Washington Council Ernst & Young
- Formerly: Deputy Staff Director – Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction
- First Client: Innovage (Formerly Total Community Options Foundation)
- Issues Lobbied: Health Issues – “Medicare, PACE (Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly), long-term care”
Related Post: Staff of the Supercommittee