Recently, members of the political intelligence industry have been labeled “operatives” – thus continuing the growing trend of defining the political intelligence industry as secretive information sharing between Wall Street and Capitol Hill. This Wednesday, June 6th, First Street and Women in Government Relations will be hosting an exclusive panel discussion and networking breakfast on the topic of political intelligence at Charlie Palmer Steak. The panel discussion will bring together preeminent thought leaders on the topic to examine the state of the industry and its importance in Washington. Some of the topics to be discussed include:
- history and present state of the political intelligence industry
- effect of the Grassley Amendment to the STOCK Act on the industry
- role of transparency in political intelligence
- current challenges facing the industry
- future of the industry, next direction
As a political intelligence expert, I will be will be moderating this lively discussion and look forward to seeing you there. If you would like to join us for the discussion and networking event, please click here to register.
- Michael W. Mayhew, Chairman & Global Director of Research, Integrity Research Associates, LLC – A frequent speaker on the investment research industry and a co-author of the definitive study on the political intelligence industry, Mr. Mayhew is the Founder, Chairman and Global Director of Research for Integrity Research Associates, a research advisory firm for buy-side analysts and portfolio managers.
- Robert Walker, Wiley Rein LLP – Named one of Washington’s “Best Lawyers” by Washingtonian magazine, Mr. Walker formerly served as Chief Counsel and Staff Director of both the Senate and House ethics committees. He currently provides counseling, investigatory and litigation services to corporate clients and government officials and recently published The STOCK Act: Insider Trading on Government Information; Corporate and Individual Compliance Concerns.
- J. Patrick Cave, The Cypress Group – Following his service as Acting Assistant Secretary and Deputy Assistant Secretary for Financial Institutions at the US Treasury Department, as well as senior advisor to Representative Richard H. Baker, Chairman of the House Financial Services Committee’s Subcommittee on Capital Markets, Mr. Cave founded the financial services consulting firm, the Cypress Group.
- Heather Podesta, Heather Podesta + Partners – A well-known legislative and public policy strategist, Heather Podesta launched Heather Podesta + Partners in 2007. Her firm was recently named one of Washington DC’s top 50 government relations firms by The National Law Journal. Ms. Podesta has also been recognized as one of the top 10 “Leading Lawyers in Government Affairs” by Legal Times.